May 17th, 2017 at 05:11am
In this article we’ll talk about what you can measure about your Facebook campaigns, which will not only help you take better decisions but also leverage Facebook for better targeting. The previous article on Facebook Pixel gave an overview about the pixel code, what it is and about its benefits. You also learnt about why Facebook Pixel is important for your online marketing efforts.
There are three main sources through which Facebook Pixels collects data about ads:
- Standard conversion tracking
- Custom conversion tracking
- Advanced matching
Here is the list of standard stuff that you can track using Facebook Pixels:
1. Track key page views like product page views
2. Track searches on your website
3. Track when items are added to cart
4. Track when items are added to wish list
5. Track when people enter the checkout flow
6. Track when payment information is added to the checkout flow
7. Track purchases or checkout flow completions
8. Track when a user expresses interest in your offering Track when a registration form is completed
However, with the custom conversion features you can also track much more. Define a conversion from a combination of events and parameters or traffic from specific URLs. Learn about their locations, interests and behaviors, so you can create messages that will help your business grow.
Here are a few measurement benefits of leveraging Facebook Pixels for Facebook ads:
- Cross device conversions: Conversion measurement lets you track actions people take after viewing your Facebook ads across multiple devices, including mobile phones, tablets and desktop computers.
- Know your prospect: When you create a Facebook Pixel and add it to the pages of your website where conversions happen, it works like the checkout page. You’ll be able to see who converts as a result of your Facebook Ads.
- Ad optimization: When you use the Facebook Pixel in combination with the bidding option “Optimize for Website Conversions”, Facebook will automatically show your ads to people who are most likely to convert. Measurement: You can measure the number of conversions your ads generate to calculate your returns on ad spend. That way you’ll see how much you’re spending for each conversion and can fine-tune your ads accordingly
Here is the entire list of information you get from Facebook through its ads reporting:
It’s not just you, but even Facebook learns this user behavior pattern and leverages it to optimize the ad campaigns for better ROAs. But then there is a limit to what Facebook can learn about the users using Pixels. However, there is a feature provided by Facebook called “Advanced Matching” which allows advertisers to leverage their own customer data such as email address, phone number etc. This enables advertisers to perfect their custom audience.
- For learn how you can access Facebook Ads reporting, please see our next blog
- Stay tuned for more as we talk about the “Facebook Advanced Matching” feature.
Track your success with the Facebook Pixels
Increase conversions using the Facebook Pixels. The Facebook Pixel is a code which is placed on your website. This code is connected to your Facebook adverts. With the right pixel implementation we can tell which actions people take as a result of the Facebook advertisement. We can use it to track your campaign performance. Thus, the return on investment can be measured.
As our CEO Francis Kalarickal puts it, “What is measured, can be improved.” The measurable value of the campaigns can thus be assessed. As a result, you have more efficient adverts that get you results
Get in touch with us today to have all your questions answered about Facebook Pixels & learn how you can leverage it for your business needs.