Get In Touch

Blog


SNAPCHAT USERS STATISTICS 2019 (INFOGRAPHICS)

Posted by GMI Blogger Posted in Infographics
July 18th, 2019 at 11:58am
snapchat statisitics

Snapchat works almost the way we communicate with people face to face. What it means is that when we talk to people we meet, nothing is ever saved or stored, these moments disappear. The disappearing photos feature changed the game for Snapchat, going the opposite route of the other social networks where every interaction is stored digitally. This created an entirely new social networking experience which caused teenagers to flock to this newbie platform.

Snapchat Users Statistics 2019 (Infographics)

snapchat stats

Click to copy the code below to display this Image on your Blog or Website

The Snapchat Growth Story

Snapchat Users Stats 2019

One of the largest social media platforms today, Snapchat was founded by Evan Spiegel (CEO) and Bobby Murphy (CTO) in September 2011. It has grown to employ more than an estimated 3069 employees (according to 2017 reports), having crossed over a revenue of $320 million in the first quarter of 2019.

Snapchat Users Statisitics 2019

From 46 million daily users in 2014, Snapchat’s daily users have grown to 190 million users, from all over the globe.

Snapchat User Categories and Behaviours

Snapchat Gender 2019

Studies show a major gap in user behaviour when it comes to gender. We found out that roughly 61% of the users were female, only remaining 39% make up the male user base.

Snapchat Demographics 2019

Check out the other interesting facts about this relatively new social platform.

  • 82.3% of Snapchat users are under 34 years of age
  • 58.2% of Snapchat users are between 13-24 years of age
  • 17.7% of Snapchat users are above 34 years of age

Did you know that on average, people under the age of 25 use the app for around 40 min every day?

When it comes to college students sharing pictures though, the numbers are more closer. 50% of male college students share their pictures on Snapchat as compared to 77% of female college students.

Snapchat Global Financial Statistics

Snapchat Financial Statistics 2019

According to the reports for the 1st quarter of 2019, Snapchat stands to make an average of $1.68 revenue per user. Apart from payroll expenses, the only other major expense they incurred happens to come from their cloud server costs, building up to an estimated $125-$150 million dollars. They have also filed for an Initial Public Offering (IPO) that could value their company as much as $25 billion.

Fun Facts

  • More than 20,000 photos are being shared every second
  • 528,000 snaps sent every minute
  • More than 400 million Snapchat stories created every day

Top 5 Countries

Snapchat Top Countries 2019

The top 5 countries using Snapchat are the US, France, the UK, Saudi Arabia, and India.

The top 5 countries with the highest Snapchat user penetration based on population are Norway, Australia, Denmark, Sweden, and the US.

Want to target the millenials and Gen Z-ers as part of your social media strategy? Having an analytics team working round the clock to get you the information you need will not only help you formulate immediate goals but also help you plan for the long road ahead. With 19 years of experience behind us, GMI has helped in shaping the digital presence of some of the biggest brands in the Middle East. Get in touch with our Digital strategists to formulate uniquely crafted digital strategies to take your brand to your target audience.

Disclaimer: GMI acknowledges that though we try to report accurately, we cannot verify the absolute facts of everything that has been represented on this infographic. The information represented is based on information researched from various sources on the internet. We are not liable for any errors, financial loss, or damages of any kind that may result from the use of, or reliance on, the information herein.

 
« UAE Internet Statist ... UNITED ARAB EMIRATES... »
Share this: